Frequently Asked Questions of Peer Advisors

Karl Hutchings, 435-652-7668

Co-op Education is an educational concept that relates the classroom to the employment community. Students with a designated major, vocational, or career interest are assisted in locating employment that relates to their classroom studies. Students approved in employment are eligible for academic credit based upon the completion of structured learning objectives. For more information, go to

Go to the Testing Center.

A student must attain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 for all registered work to be eligible to graduate from Dixie State University. For more information, go to

  • Go to the DSU homepage and click on the Blackboard Vista link
  • Login using your Dmail and password
  • Click on the library 1010 link
  • Click on the Syllabus link for Library information
  • Additional questions can be answered by any of the librarians
  • Library Hours

On the DSU home page, click the “Academics” link, then go to the “Computer Information Systems” link under Udvar-Hazy School of Business and attend one of the orientations provided the first week of the semester.

Financial Aid office

Phone: (435) 652-7575
Fax: (435) 656-4087
Email: OR

Roberta Cole (Loans/Work study) x7585; Sue Perschon (Scholarships) x7578

For more information, go to Financial Aid.

Students must maintain a specific GPA of 2.0 or better to remain in good academic standards with the University. Students who fail to meet this standard are placed on low academic status.

Categories of Low Academic Status:

  • 1. Warning – If a student’s GPA falls below 2.0, they will be placed on warning and must register through an advisor.
  • 2. Conditional Enrollment – If a student is on warning and does not achieve either a current or cumulative GPA over 2.0, they will be placed on conditional enrollment and must register through the Director of Advisement with a contract.
  • 3. Suspension – If a student does not earn a 2.0 in either their cumulative or current GPA the semester following being placed on conditional enrollment, or if they do not fulfill their conditional enrollment contract, they will be suspended. This means they will not be allowed to register for at least one regular (fall or spring) semester.

For information on the admission process, go to Admissions.

For information, go to How to Add / Drop Class.


  • Go to
  • Click on “Faculty & Staff”
  • Click on “Human Resources”
  • Click on “Employment Openings”
  • Application (pdf format)
  • Fill out the application, print a copy of the application and bring it to the Academic Advisement Center in the  Holland Centennial Commons building on the 1st floor along with a résumé OR e-mail the application and résumé to Dana Kelvington at